Welcome!

Margaret Raymond Driscoll is in her 12th year as a Melrose School Committee member, and she is passionate about excellent teaching and learning for all public school students. She considers it a privilege to collaborate with others who share that passion. You can also follow her on Twitter at @MargaretDrisc. Just to be clear - opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Melrose Public Schools, the Melrose School Committee, or the Massachusetts Association of School Business Officials - they are hers alone.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thoughtful and Thought-Provoking

Those words describe comments I received yesterday afternoon from a Melrose parent who was offended by the tone and lack of deeper fact-checking as reflected in my notes in the Citywide PTO post regarding a petition related to school starting before/after Labor Day. It was in no way my intention to offend - however, after this conversation it was clear to me that I did, and for that I sincerely apologize. In addition, I’m grateful to the caller for reaching out and sharing these concerns.


The Committee will begin discussion of the 2015-2016 school calendar in November. Please let us know any questions you may have around that issue (and any/all others) and provide your thoughts and recommendations – they are welcomed and appreciated!