The School Committee has begun review of the FY16 School Budget, the first draft of which was presented at the School Committee meeting of February 24th by Superintendent Taymore, and feedback/questions are welcomed! Here are some ways to engage in the process:
· VIEW our Budget Page at http://melroseschools.com/school-committee/budget/to learn more about the process and timeline.
· SEND questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; 15 minutes of each School Committee budget meeting has been set aside for Supt. Taymore to address questions.
· SEND questions or comments by e-mail directly to principals, Supt. Taymore, or Committee members.
· CALL principals, Supt. Taymore, or Committee members and share your thoughts and/or questions. (Contact information can be found on melroseschools.com.)
· ATTEND the 3/3 Committee meeting from 6 -7 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber of City Hall and hear Budget 101, a presentation designed to support community understanding, reflection, and advocacy.
· ATTEND the 3/10 Public Information Session from 7 – 8:30 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber of City Hall to hear a brief presentation from Supt. Taymore, followed by a Q&A session for her to hear community feedback and address your questions about the budget. You can submit questions in advance or that evening.
· ATTEND and speak at any public comment portion of School Committee meetings. During budget meetings (3/3, 3/17, 3/31, and 4/14), that portion of the meeting has been moved to a time slot that follows the evening’s budget presentation in order for the community and the Committee to understand the topic prior to inviting feedback and questions.
ATTEND the Budget Hearing tentatively scheduled for the 4/28 Committee meeting to provide summative thoughts and feedback prior to Committee vote.